Shopee is Working 30 Thousand Small Entrepreneurs in 13 Cities

Shopee is ambitious to add the network while providing business training to local entrepreneurs. To date, the Taiwanese ecommerce has reached 30 thousand local entrepreneurs in the Shopee Campus roadshow program in 13 cities.

Marketing Manager Shopee Indonesia Monica Vionna explained that this year the company will support and provide education to local entrepreneurs with present in 30 cities in the country.

“We are committed to conducting a Shopee Campaign Roadshow on a larger scale and reaching more than 30 cities in Indonesia this year. This is in line with the Indonesian government’s goal for various information between sellers, “explained in Metropole, Central Jakarta, Tuesday (16 /).

In addition to larger, Monica explained their education program will provide a development company that is more suited to the needs of the sellers. He further explained, there are several levels of class for the sellers who are members of the community, such as Beginner Class and Intermediate Class.

“The topics we discussed in roadshows are diverse, such as introducing apps and features of Shopee, how to operate a good online business, creating product data, sales operations, finances and more,” Monica continued.

According to Shopee’s data, a similar event in 2017 has increased 15-fold if compared to 2016. Although claimed not been able to penetrate all regions in Indonesia, Shopee hopes the classes through live streaming can provide equal opportunities to all entrepreneurs in Indonesia to start selling by online.

Director General of Small and Medium Industry at the Ministry of Industry Gati Wibawaningsih explained that this ecommerce program has received government support.

The Ministry of Industry also this year invites five marketplace including Shopee to develop local industry players to be ready to do business online.

Read Also: mobile app design services

“Our program in 2018 is called e-smart IKM. We work with five marketplaces. The rain is to encourage SMEs to sell their products online because that is a necessity, “explained Gati.

Meanwhile, Gati explained that the importance of digital stores for local industries is that the government has a basis for taking policy based on data. Gati revealed that only about 730 SMEs the data collected by the Central Bureau of Statistics, while the rest have not been recorded.

“This online store will make it easier for us to map the face of local Indonesian industry. We hope to make appropriate policies based on that data. That’s one of our focus also in 2018, “he concluded.

Meanwhile, Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of IKM 2017 according to BPS data is still dominated by 80 percent by large industry while the remaining 20 percent become part of small and medium industry in the country.